Biographical Dictionary of Professional Wrestling, 2d ed.
Only 1 left in stock
About the Book
Though professional wrestlers are usually ignored by sportswriters and entertainment reporters alike, the popularity of these gifted athletes and showbiz pros is undeniable. Few fans are concerned with whether the wrestling is “legitimate.” From Ace Abbott to Buck Zumhofe, this is the second edition of the first-ever comprehensive compilation of biographical information on professional wrestlers past and present, including major promoters and managers. Each entry is listed under the wrestling name most often used, with cross references to real names and other ring names. The ring name is followed by the grappler’s real name, hometown, height and weight, and birth and death dates when available. The biographical data provide the era in which the individual competed, wrestling associations, titles, tag team partners, major bouts and other highlights.
About the Author(s)
Harris M. Lentz III
Format: softcover (7 x 10)
Bibliographic Info: bibliography
Copyright Date: 2003
Table of Contents
The Wrestlers 5
Book Reviews & Awards
- “as the first standard biographical dictionary dealing with this sport/entertainment, the dictionary is a major contribution to knowledge in the field…this biographical dictionary deserves a place in public and school libraries…recommended”—ARBA
- “absorbing…do yourself a favor and buy this most informative book. It belongs on the shelf of everyone interested in the history of professional wrestling”—Wrestling Then & Now
- “information otherwise all but impossible to find”—Rettig on Reference
- “approximately 2,000 male and female participants”—Choice
- “Lentz’s book will take you back to misspent Saturdays watching TV wrestling with its beloved figures, especially the always more interesting villains”—Movie Collector’s World
- “most informative”—Wrestling Then & Now.