Encyclopedia of Alzheimer’s Disease; With Directories of Research, Treatment and Care Facilities, 2d ed.
About the Book
The second edition contains updated resources, research institution information and a listing of treatment and care facilities in the United States. Additions to the encyclopedia section include advances in Alzheimer’s disease research, genetics, diagnostic procedures, treatment, alternative medicine, brain plasticity, risk factors, clinical trial information, nursing home safety, and preventive measures. In addition the book describes medical treatments used in other countries and the results of collaborative efforts such as the recent global imaging test initiatives and the Prevent Alzheimer’s Disease by 2020 Project.
About the Author(s)
Elaine A. Moore with Lisa Moore
Foreword by David Perlmutter, M.D.
Format: softcover (7 x 10)
Bibliographic Info: 25 photos, bibliography, index
Copyright Date: 2012
Table of Contents
Foreword by David Perlmutter, M.D. 1
The Encyclopedia 7
Long Term and Day Care Treatment Centers, by State 183
Research Facilities 387
Book Reviews & Awards
- “for those involved in the care, treatment, and daily concerns of patients with the disease and related disorders”—SciTech Book News
- “fills a niche that none of the hundreds of other Alzheimer’s titles cover. Recommended”—Library Journal
- “a very useful resource”—ARBA
- “although there are numerous books on Alzheimer’s disease, this one fills the need…useful…comprehensive”—Booklist
- “useful information…recommended”—E-Streams
- “practical advice… Full of useful information…recommended…a valuable resource”—Against the Grain