American Cars, 1966–1972
Every Model, Year by YearPaperback Edition
Available for pre-order / backorder
About the Book
The automotive industry underwent great change in the 1960s and the early 1970s. The continuing trend toward market consolidation, the proliferation of sizes and nameplates, and the “need for speed” characterized this period, loosely labeled as the muscle car era.
This is an exhaustive reference work to American made cars of model years 1966–1972. Organized by year (and summarizing the market annually), it provides a yearly update on each make’s status and production figures, then details all models offered for that year.
Model listings include available body styles, base prices, engine and transmission choices, power ratings, standard equipment, major options and their prices, curb weight and dimensions (interior and exterior), paint color choices, changes from the previous year’s model, and sales figures. Also given are assembly plant locations and historical overviews of each model nameplate.
About the Author(s)
J. “Kelly” Flory, Jr.
Format: softcover (8.5 x 11)
Copyright Date: 2020 
Book Reviews & Awards
• “When the editorial staff at Hemmings needs to verify something hard and fast, where do we go? Plenty of times, to the exhaustively researched, year-by-year reference books of Kelly Flory….. Flory’s works are our go-to books. They are incredibly good”—Hemmings Motor News
• “Comprehensive…detailed”—Antique Automobile Club of America
• “Unique…extensive data…enormous amount of information…friendly writing style makes interesting reading…useful”—Booklist
• “This encyclopedic work is overwhelming in context. The research that went into this book is truly commendable”—Cars & Parts
• “A true reference book…the massive amount of detailed hard data is amazing”—Antique Automobile
• “Complete stats on every car…makes each one come alive…no self-respecting car nut can live without this book”—Old Cars Weekly
• “Extensive and exhaustive…excellent…recommended”—E-Streams
• “I have spent hours in this book and had to have it forcibly removed from my hands…is pure filet mignon for car fans…no self-respecting automobile nut can live without this one”—Old Autos
• “No library covering American-made automobiles is complete, much less comprehensive, without the three volumes of Kelly Flory’s American Cars…indispensable”—SAH Journal
• “I love this book…splendidly well-organized presentation…impressively complete…obviously [the author] loves these cars. His enthusiasm shines through in the introductions preceding each model segment, which are written with authority and clarity…highly recommended…fabulous”—Beverly Rae Kimes, SAH Journal
• “Encyclopedic in its detail”—The Kansas City Star
• “Flory’s books are unsurpassed for detail and accuracy”—Speed Readers